Saturday, March 10, 2012

Garden Update- March 10, 2012


Today was a busy, busy, busy day in the garden!  Hubby and the kids put together our new greenhouse. You can see my review about it here: New Greenhouse

Hubby also put together the new cold frame.  Here is the photo of it:


I got some planting done.  Today I planted more lettuce mix, beets, turnips, and kohlrobi. I also emptied out the big compost bin.  I took all of the leave that were on top, out of it and scooped up the finished and almost finished compost and set it aside in some buckets.  I got two 5 gallon buckets full.  I moved the big compost bin to another location and put the uncomposted leaves back in it.  I plan to plant something in the location of where the compost bin use to be.  The soil seems to be nice and rich there. 

My garlic is looking pretty good.  I moved most of the leaves off it.  The leaves were making some of the shoots yellow, so before they died, I wanted them to get some sun.  I also tried to get most of the leaves that were scattered on the beds, but I still have a way to go.  Here is some of my garlic.


On the other hand, the stuff I planted on February 27th still has not sprouted.  Not one sprout has came up!  We have some 70 degree days in the forecast, so hopefully things will start sprouting!

2 comments:

  1. A cold frame would be great to have. What do you plan to put into it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not really sure yet. lol!! I may use it for seed starting, not sure yet. But I am pretty positive I will be using it through the winter to grow stuff.

      Lynn

      Delete