Today was a busy, busy, busy day in the garden! Hubby and the kids put together our new greenhouse. You can see my review about it here: New Greenhouse
Hubby also put together the new cold frame. Here is the photo of it:
I got some planting done. Today I planted more lettuce mix, beets, turnips, and kohlrobi. I also emptied out the big compost bin. I took all of the leave that were on top, out of it and scooped up the finished and almost finished compost and set it aside in some buckets. I got two 5 gallon buckets full. I moved the big compost bin to another location and put the uncomposted leaves back in it. I plan to plant something in the location of where the compost bin use to be. The soil seems to be nice and rich there.
My garlic is looking pretty good. I moved most of the leaves off it. The leaves were making some of the shoots yellow, so before they died, I wanted them to get some sun. I also tried to get most of the leaves that were scattered on the beds, but I still have a way to go. Here is some of my garlic.
On the other hand, the stuff I planted on February 27th still has not sprouted. Not one sprout has came up! We have some 70 degree days in the forecast, so hopefully things will start sprouting!