Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Garlic


I wanted to post an update on my garlic.  It doesn't seem to have hibernated too much over the winter.  This winter has been unseasonably warm and spring seems to be coming early.  Under the mulch, the garlic continued to sprout.  I'm not sure how healthy it is, but it has been growing.  This sprout is poking up from under a layer of leaves.  On March 6th, I pulled away a lot of the leaves (after the picture was taken) since it has been so warm and the sprouts are growing.  I hope I did not pull them away too early.  If I see it is going to get real cold again, I will recover them if I can.   

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am a beginner gardener, but in my very cold country garlic should be planted in Fall as tulips here. I was planting mine somewhere in December.
    I believe your garlic is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's the same here. I planted mine on October 15th of last year. Only thing, here for some reason we really did not have a real winter. It was a really strange year. I think my garlic continued to grow all winter since it was so warm. I'm not sure what that is going to do to it.

      Lynn

      Delete