Monday, May 7, 2012

1st May Harvest!


Yay!!!  Another harvest!  :)  Things are really speeding up in the garden right now.  The plants are in turbo mode.  Today I harvested a few things.

3 oz. of lettuce: 

5 oz of radishes:

4 oz. of baby turnips:

I made a small salad for my self for lunch and had both the boys tried a sliver of turnip.  PC ate it ok, but LO couldn't (he had to spit it out).  I added a few dandelion petals to my salad. :) 


Tonight, we will probably have salad for dinner.  We'll add a few carrots from the store but otherwise, it will be from the garden. Yay!

This page connects to Harvest Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Those dandelion petals are so pretty! What do they taste like? I knew the entire plant was edible but hadn't tried the blooms.

    http://planetpooks.com/?p=4637

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, I really didn't taste the petals. It could be because I had dressing on the salad, I don't know. But I figure even if I wasn't tasting them, they were good for me. :)

      Lynn

      Delete
  2. Nice looking turnips! Isn't it fun when the garden starts speeding up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Oh yes, it is getting fun now. :)

      Lynn

      Delete
  3. Hi Lynn, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete